Die PEN, OM-D & E-System Community
Sign in to follow this  
Macgomes

Olympus 9mm 1: 8.0 fisheye is not recognized

Hello everyone,,,

I bought a fisheye for the M10. During a tour, I turned the small tripod including camera and landed exactly on the lens. After that, it was no longer recognized and the images blurred. So I bought another, also used, lens that arrived today. Now this is not recognized by the camera. All other lenses work flawlessly with the M10, even with autofocus and are also recognized by the software when I hang the camera with the cable to the computer with the Updater.

Now I'm totally at a loss.

This can be seen from the fact that instead of aperture only -.- is and the focus AF stands suddenly on MF.

olyfish.JPG

Hi, welcome to the community here.

The 9mm 1:8.0 lenscap, as well as the 15mm 1:8.0 one, are purely manual "lenses", something in between a lens and a cap, actually.

So don't worry, you won't get any feedback from the lenscap regarding aperture (it's fix anyway) and no autofocus either. You will not find any information about the lens in the images metadata, also. You have to adjust the focus with the little lever in the front which also opens the lens.

If you look at the inside of the lenscap, you'll notice there are no contacts at all, so nothing is communicated between the camera and the lens. it's all fine as long as the image is not blurred. I guess that was bad luck with the first one, hitting the ground. On the other hand if just the lenscap died and not the camera, it's been a small price for the accident.

Best
Leo

On 5/17/2019 at 4:03 PM, Macgomes said:

Hello everyone,,,

I bought a fisheye for the M10. During a tour, I turned the small tripod including camera and landed exactly on the lens. After that, it was no longer recognized and the images blurred. So I bought another, also used, lens that arrived today. Now this is not recognized by the camera. All other lenses work flawlessly with the M10, even with autofocus and are also recognized by the software when I hang the camera with the cable to the computer with the Updater.

Now I'm totally at a loss.

This can showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ vidmate.vet/ be seen from the fact that instead of aperture only -.- is and the focus AF stands suddenly on MF.

olyfish.JPG

Thank you my issue has been solved,....